The shipwreck (82 ft/25 m) also called C-58 is a navy minesweeper that has been down for years now. Large schools of eagle rays, barracuda and giant groupers are lurking in these waters. You would first do the wreck dive, then a reef (50 ft/15 m) for the second dive.
The wreck dive is considered our most challenging dive and is for EXPERIENCED divers only. As the boat will NOT be attached to any buoy, you will do a backroll negative entry and will have to go down quite fast in order not to miss the wreck.
You will need the PADI Advanced Open Water certification/equivalent or higher.
If you have one or more of the following items you can say “YES” to, then we STRONGLY recommend consulting with us.
- Less than 30 dives
- Last dive more than 1 year ago
- Difficulty equalizing your ears
- Difficulty in dealing with extreme diving situations
This trip departs almost daily from our marina in Cancun at 8:30 AM. Divers need to check in no later than 8:00 AM.
We also offer courses at the wreck: Wreck Diving Specialty, Deep Diving Specialty and Advanced Open Water Course.
The Cancun wreck dive includes the following:
- 2 dives at 2 different locations (40 minutes each dive)
* Equipment not included ($5 BCD, $5 regulator, $5 fins and mask, $7 wetsuit)