The caverns, or as they are called locally cenotes, are considered one of the longest and most beautiful cavern dive systems in the world.
The Riviera Maya, is home to miles of incredible limestone caverns that were once dry. After thousands of years of dripping rain water, stalagmites and stalactites formed incredible formations that challenge the imagination. Each cenote is the entrance to an incredible maze of cavern systems which are filled with crystal clear fresh water with perfect visibility.
Any OPEN WATER CERTIFIED diver can dive in a cenote since your guide will be full cave certified assuring your safety.
- There is no boat ride and no current, so no need to worry about seasickness.
- Weather does not affect the dives.
- There must be at least two divers to go out, please contact us for availability.
Hotel pickup and drop off are included with this excursion. We will have one of our trusted taxi partners pick you up at your hotel around 7:00 AM and you should plan on returning to your hotel between 3:00 - 4:00 PM. After the dives, food and refreshment will be provided from a local restaurant.
The Cenote trip includes the following:
- 2 dives at 2 different locations (40 minutes each dive)
- Underwater flashlight
* Equipment not included ($5 BCD, $5 regulator, $5 fins and mask, $7 wetsuit)
* Divers needs to be 15 years old or older.
* Divers needs to have a good buoyancy in order to protect the caverns.