The whale sharks come to the waters surrounding Isla Mujeres, Contoy and Holbox Islands, off the Yucatan coast, where the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea merge. This nutrient rich (plankton laden) area is where these gentle giants come to feed. It provides the environment for Holbox to have the highest concentration of whale sharks in the world.
Enjoy their beauty while snorkeling with the world's largest living fish!
This tour consists of a day from 6:30 AM to 2 PM more or less (times vary depending on your hotel location).
The whale shark tour includes the following:
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Multilingual guide
- Snorkel equipment & life jacket
- Continental breakfast
- Lunch (shrimp ceviche and chicken sandwich, if you are vegetarian or allergic to something please let us know)
- Beverages (water and sodas)
* These creatures are seasonal, only stopping in Cancun for three months (June, July & August).
* While we maintain GPS coordinates where the whale sharks are please understand that they move with the plankton which move with the currents in the sea. We cannot guarantee whale shark sightings but we assure you we will do our best. Please remember these giant fish are swimming in the open sea and not in a tank or penned-in area.